The last few months I’ve had some issues installing certain applications. Some applications would be looking for the msi in the Windows temp directory, in one instance, VAMT would fail with Error 1651.
Well, I’ve finally resolved the issue with the following:
According to the website, the following is fixed:
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
To fix my issues I would select the application that is giving me a problem, select uninstall, and then re-run the installation.